Friday, December 28 (Optional)
5:30–8:30pm: Evening Team
Join us for team check-in and open practice session at the Spokane Convention Center. Team Check-in will also be held at the same time at the Tournament Desk in the Convention Center. We MAY begin Pool Play Friday for those willing in order to allow more teams into the tournament. Teams that volunteer to play Friday will NOT have to play at 8:30am on Saturday.
Saturday, December 29
7–8am: Late Check-in
8am: Captain's Meeting
8:30am–4:30pm: Pool Play
6pm: Cocktail Hour
The tradition continues with the annual team banquet. Each registration includes six banquet tickets which includes meal and no host bar. Additional tickets are available for purchase.
8:30pm: After Party
Sunday, December 30
8:30am–6pm: Tournament Play
Schedule subject to change.
Note to Spectators:
We welcome fans and admission is free, however, this is a unfiltered adult atmosphere, complete with loud music and alcohol. We love your kiddos, but they may not be appropriate in this setting. That's your call.
December 28–30, 2018 | Ages 18+
Open: Elite players looking for a highly competitive experience.
Competitive: Especially for players with some experience looking to enjoy some healthy competition.
Recreational: Players that want to come and have fun, minimal experience required
Masters 40+: Division is under consideration and will be included if we get enough teams. Please indicate under the comments section of your registration you are interested and qualified to play Masters.
What you should know:
Teams are coed 6s—requiring a minimum of two (2) women on the court at all times.
Team members will be required to register with USA volleyball at no extra charge.
Pool play will be Saturday with tournament play on Sunday.
(4) Four matches guaranteed.
Coed height Nets: 7'-9"
Age requirement: 18 & over to play.
History of the Sizzler
The Sizzler Volleyball tournament was founded in 1990 in Cranbrook, B.C. It has long had the reputation as the ultimate party for volleyball players.
In 2013, the tournament moved to Spokane, Washington. Spokane is committed to a carrying on the legacy of this long-running tournament.
Test Your Luck
Once again, individuals will have the chance to win big. We will be offering a 50/50 Cash Raffle (50% of cash raised will be going to one lucky winner and the other 50% will go to a local charity). Raffle tickets can be purchased Friday and Saturday. Winner will be announced at the Saturday night dinner.
Learn more about upcoming volleyball events and tournaments.
Thank you to Summit Chiropractic for supporting Spokane Sizzler.
Team Spirit Encouraged!
We take volleyball very seriously, but everything else at Spokane Sizzler is just fun-and-games. Prizes will be awarded to teams with "Most Creative Team Name". and "Best Team Uniforms"! Start planning now!
1) Please note the matches that you must officiate. All officiating will be done by the teams in the tournament. For the final rounds of tournament play when there are two teams available for the final matches, the team that has the LEAST travel distance will be required to officiate.
2) As always, we will announce who plays in which tournament division on Sunday at the Social dinner Saturday night. Don’t be late! The social is on a tight timeframe so please be on time.
3) Saturday format will be round robin, consisting of a two game 25 point rally score, win by 2 match. NO CAP. Upon completion, teams will be ranked in their pool based on most wins. In the event of a tie at the end of the round robin, the order of finish will be decided as per these tie-breaking procedures:
a. The team having the best ratio of won/lost matches will be ranked higher.
b. The team having the best ratio of won/lost sets will be ranked higher.
c. The team having the best ratio of points for/against will be ranked higher.
d. Dance off voted by tournament director and committee
e. Runway walk at social voted on by crowd applause
f. Best 5 out of 9 Rock, Paper, Scissors
*With the two divisions, we will do our best to create the Sunday tournaments as previously done with the top 8 teams in the A tournament, next 8 in the B tournament, and so on. However it may not be as simple as 1-4 place in each pool. Please just let us do our best. There will be more parity this year on Saturday, and the top teams will have a shot at the title. Better matches, more fun, great times for all.
4) Sunday format will be double elimination tournaments. All matches will be best 2/3. The first two games are to 25 and the third is to 15 with no cap win by two points. NOTE: For Sunday, if a double final is required it will be a one game, 25 point no cap sudden death match.
5) Please double check the officiating schedule!! You must provide an Up Ref, Down Ref, scorekeeper & 2 linespeople. You will forfeit one of your wins for each match in which you neglect your officiating duties. Not fulfilling your officiating duties on Sunday means you will not be invited back next year.
6) The social time is strict due to the timing of the facility. Cocktails are at 5:30 pm with Dinner starting promptly at 6:30 at the Convention Center.
7) The tournament organizers reserve the right to change the formats as we please. We are going to make the best, most competitive, and most fun tournament we can, so if a rule or two must be skirted to add to the greater good of the tournament, then deal with it and don’t whine. This can and may include moving teams between divisions, making losers bracket games on Sunday 1 game to 30 if the tournament is lagging, or forcing an impromptu photo session with Pez in a speedo.
Please no beer on the sport court.